Two oil paintings of the Lake District " painted at Lingholm Lake District Artist Rob Miller

Lake District Art
Causey Pike  "Derwentwater Summer time
Oil on Board 24x30cm
Rob Miller

Lake District "Derwentwater Summer time Morning
oil on board 24x30cmRob Miller
It was great to be back with my pochade box and gear painting along the Derwentwater shore line. I should have been painting the complexities of the Lingholm Walled Kitchen garden but I had left the rabbits in peace and had decided that early morning quiet time for me, was best spent on the shores of Derwentwater . It’s a natural place for contemplation a soft breeze rippling the surface of the lake moving the reflections of the Lingholm Islands muted mauves indistinct in front of the distant Walla Crag all waiting for the first gentle rays of the sun. I could almost see Beatrice Potter sitting further along the shoreline watercolours in hand as she painted Herbert’s Island. Here are two of my oil paintings; pochade’s in oils 30x24 cm

https://www.robmillerartist.org




Comments

Popular Posts