A painting of the northern lakeland fells entitled "Blencathra Storm" Rob Miller oil on board

A painting of the northern lakeland fells entitled "Blencathra Storm" Rob Miller oil on board 

As resident artist at Lingholm I was lucky enough to take a walk every morning through the woodlands in the  Lingholm Estate and walk down and along the open lake shore..its a thing that Beatrice Potter used to do whilst carrying her watercolours...on this day with the wind at storm force would beatrice have been there mmm I bet she would...why? because it was such an adventure  a treat to see and paint  Blencathra and her stoic bulk and ridges across a wind lashed lake..defined through tattered eyes and damned winds..here's my attempts to paint scratch push pull spit at  the weathered scoured blasted wind burnt and cursed slapped paint  on board...

I've been looking at these for a while and do you know what..I'm going up to Lingholm to make some more...painting on Derwentwater's shores is living..and I'm missing it


Comments

Popular Posts