A painting of the Lake District titled " Herberts Island Derwentwater" 24x30cm prints available Lake District artist Rob Miller

A painting of the Lake District titled " Herberts Island" 24x30cm prints available artist Rob Miller


One of my favourite places to paint are the islands in Derwentwater  a constant amazing view whichever way the boats stern points to as you row. Also they are home to one of  my favourite childhood books Swallows and Amazons. This one was painted a couple of years ago and I aim to get back to Lingholm to make some summer paintings from the same locations. Prints are available from the Lingholm Walled Garden and Cafe  and also directly from myself on my shop page. You can also look at the process that I went through when Painting of the Derwentwater Fells Triptych which measure 2x 2 metres x6 metres. The images and some write up are on the same site as the print shop here's a link to the  home page.  If you fancy a go Boat hire can be done at the Derwentwater steamers.


https://www.robmillerartist.org


Comments

Popular Posts