Paintings of Skipton Canal on Canvas

Skipton 6am
Acrylic/mixed media on canvas
50cmx70cm
painters studio snapshot not for printing
copyright  rob miller
I love the English early morning in summertime when its a kind of hazy lazy cool on the skin but you know its going to get warmer but never hot..I like it especially when I'm on or near water or in the forest when the dew is rising and the world seems full of mystery. This painting was sketched and began life about 7 years ago and was one out of three, Its of Skipton and the short canal that was made up to the castle wall and the dead end lime shoot. A deep and verdant part of England  if there ever was one. I finished the first of the three paintings which if I recall sold straight of  the easel and also  a one off giclee print hand signed and finished which hangs in pride of place above the fireplace in the  Millhouse Restaurant near Blackburn,  but this one and the other one just never got completed, the reason being that  I moved studios from Turton to Withnell. At the time of starting the paintings I was seriously into Cezanne, Braque and Picasso  and the way they worked the subtle shifts of tonality to aid their representation. Anyhow 6 years later I found him and knew what to do with him I like the way he has turned out  and the next  I think is going to be okay. Please note the photo does not really capture the shifts in the blues the originals and giclee are far nicer......

Comments

Popular Posts