New years eve a studio resolution

 
Work in progress on the new series of paintings West Pennines.
 
There are a number of things going here for me.
  1.  One is the small collection of unsold/soiled or uncompleted work from two art society demonstrations that I did on this area before in 2008, they leans against various walls and I must have dragged them out from the storeroom for some reason a feature or point of interest on them.
  2. Two are the near completed set of smaller oils heavy and glistening in oil,
  3. three is the work in progress in acrylic and 
  4. four, is the variety of drawings and paintings on paper.

    I'm here looking at them all as a group for the first time I can see the route that I've taken as a painter over the last three years or more.


Works in oils heavy palette work


Gary Long an oil painter whom I admire for his painterly ways
groups of buildings and colour can this benefit from the addition of a different paint 



work undertaken early 2007/8



 below studies in pencil and paint on paper done quickly develop an awareness, in depth knowledge, interest and respect for the subject.




Can all these parts come together can we build a new me from these things that embraces the best of the old
and introduces a more exciting new yes it can. So Im looking forward to returning to the studio in the new year loads to do and its exciting....happy new year

Comments

Popular Posts