An oil painting of Pendle Hills Big End The Commissions final piece oil on canvas 50x50cm by Rob Miller

An idyllic relaxing rural painting of Pendle Hills Big End Seen from the pasture lands below Little Mearley Hall Clitheroe
oil on canvas 50x50cm


One of the many thoughts that used to run through my mind , when as a school boy I sat looking out of my school window across the playing fields and roof tops towards Wilpshire and onwards was that Pendle is the final industrial fell  before the Ribble Valley leads to the Craven Fault the Yorkshire Dales. A sort of end of civilization as I knew it. Beyond this point if you kept walking you would end up near Cape Wrath without touching another town..

I've tried to paint a piece of that thought or kept that thought going as I painted. So, the final stage of painting focussed on getting the light quality and the greens to have depth in the shade whilst sparkling in the sun bated pastures and hill sides.I also wanted to create a sense of movement with the cumulonimbus clouds, wind moving across the brasses tress and into the distance.

Comments

Popular Posts