Hebrides Painting by Rob Miller

tul-eim-an
the deluge
Isle of Uist detail

Am an t-samhradh
Summer season
Isle of  Mull detail

Details of two new works, that I snapped on my lummix this morning for this blog; they are a sneak preview of the South Hebrides series that I am now working on. I have been wanting to paint these for ages. They focus on the wonderful island scapes and seascapes down Uist then east south east  to Oban on the mainland. The works measure 60cm x 60cm acrylic and/or oil on canvas i(ncreasingly both), with a complimentary series of smaller watercolours and drawings in a variety of mediums and sizes. I generally paint the larger canvas works whilst listening to Robert Burns poem the wrestlin winds sung by  Dick Gaughan so I've added a link below for you to enjoy. Burns poetry says it all about the glory and death of fellow creatures in the wilderness and Dick adds a genuine touch of people at work in those hard lands.   More works and music to come. Until then beannachd, farewell.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts