A track through a beech copse. A painting by Rob Miller RSA

A track through a beech copse
acrylics on canvas 50x70
I've been meaning for some time to revisit this painting, which I started a 18 months ago when Autumn was turning to Winter and the light was growing poor. Here it is now in its entirety re-painted on a hot summers day;  now it looks  just the same as on the day I went on my walk from New York to Whalley in Lancashire. The beech copse is a fine example of Lancashire woodland,  living high above the scarp of the Ribble Valley and the road through it is still quiet and narrow. I walked this way some 45 years ago on my way from Blackburn to Pendle summit and back a regular 18 mile outing if I had nothing else to do with my time (Such was my misspent adolescence.


Comments

Popular Posts