Chaigley Paintings by Rob Miller




Field Corner Chaigley 70 x 70 cm Rob Miller

Currently, while I sort a number of things out on my return to the UK from Spain  I am back in Turton in the West Pennines. In order to kep working on my art I have taken up one of the small studio spaces in Ribchester's Bee Mill.  So far I have completed a series of paintings on the the Cotswolds and begun a new project; This project is about retracing the steps that I made  as a young man; in short a series of walks that I did when I was aged from about 14 - 17 years of age, mostly on my own but many times with the Blackburn Ramblers socierty and my brothers Andy and Nick.  Cezanne who was a great walker in his own home area, and both likewise Constable and Pisarro, these guys where three landscape artists which were prominent around my fathers easel back, I was heavily influenced by them at the time; they formed in many ways how I saw the landscape; and they formed a large part of the discussions that I had with my father; now I aim  to revisit the walks and the works of those three great artists; mostly I desire to see how much I have been influenced by them, especially Cezanne. The walks are mostly around the Ribble valley and its surrounding hills and ridges. As a prelude, I've also begun a series of drawings and work in mixed media on the River Ribble, this river and its tributary the Hodder are great fishing rivers, 

I'm writing this outloud so to speak; Another project is to do with looking at Monet's work on London, based on some sketches that I did whilst over the Christmas break whilst staying with Barbara at her sisters in Chippenham Mews. .

Snow has been the theme of the weather so far, its been quite deep at times, and makes for some picture postcards views, I do miss the warmth of the Iberian Peninsular anyone near Barcelona over the next couple of weeks can check out my exhibition as part of the Global Present Arte I missed the opening due to a complex mixture of airport staff strikes and airports being heavy in snow, I'd welcome your views if you see the Barcelona show, mean-while there is much to do here.

The good news is that I shall shortly be back on broadband and so happily I shall be able to upload the new work that I have been doing; equally I shall be able to share with everyone some of the work that I did in 2008 which was stored away whilst I was in Spain.

I attach two of the paintings here. I made them in late summer 2008, a typical north English day, blue skies and showers white fleece summer clouds racing overhead from the sea which could suddenly turn black and drop gallons of heavy water.



Last Harvest Chaigley 70 x 70 cm Rob Miller

Comments

Popular Posts