Paintings of Cranham: Cotswolds:- Work in progress.

A number of images fresh this morning  of work or paintings in progress that I am making  for my  Cranham Cotswolds series. So far I've created the compositions and started to block in mid tones on top of the under paintings of reds and blues. I've also just switched to Liquitex from Galeria and I have been well pleased by its velvety hue, consistency  of tone  and heavy body. All the images are acrylic on canvas 70 x 70 cm. All the paintings were inspired by a walk I undertook down along Mill Lane and up towards Sanatorium Road. One of my main thoughts that sprang to mind as I pushed and pulled the paint around the canvas was that after a year spent painting in the Spanish Sierras  I can no longer  take for granted the  the multiplicity of greens that make up the beauty rural England.
Horse Chestnut meadows

Mill House and Mill Race Cranham


An old Manor or Hall, Cranham Cotswolds

Comments

Popular Posts