Completing work in the outdoor studio Casares

An idyllic spot today, no gale force wind blowing paint, brushes and paint pots everywhere, so I was able to rig up all the sun brolly's even the one from the beach that blew into the sea last week....creating an interesting sand fall over the artwork it self and ruining my cup of tea. Enough shade was eventually formed by the brolly's and the plants foliage to make outdoor work do able under the very, very hot sun This work is of a Cotija below the Sierra Crestalinni a perfect spot high above the valley under the shade of high cliffs, as I sketched there and started the canvas I was joined overhead by a flock of vultures not to forget the fox which rustled past and a small family of wild boar which wandered down the track until they were across from me and then ran off grunting and squealing loudly when they realised I was there poised with my brush as my only defence against there large curved tusks. I'll have to rig up a "me a vegetarian" sign so next time they might stop for a chat. Tomorrow I hope to complete this painting wind permitting. 71 x 71 acrylic on canvas

Comments

Popular Posts