Yosemite Valley Centre View Drawing Pencil

Posted by PicasaThis is the central view down the valley and it will form the centre of the triptych. The honeymoon photograph is I think taken from Glacier point, which apparently is reached at the end of a long tunnel as you drive out of the valley. It is truly inspirational and must rank as one of the mightiest of views and landscapes. I am beginning to enjoy it, having spent many years walking in the mountains its nice to paint one or two and these guys are the real thing.
I think that the formation on the far right must be Cathedral another place to go for an epic multi pitch climb.
In terms of the artwork I have not created a focal point as yet, I'd rather wait for things to start happening across the entire work but its got to be either the sheer vertical line of El Capitan or the waterfall which falls like a shining bead of light on the right side of the valley.

Comments

Popular Posts