Painting above the Rio Gedel, Casares Andalucia (1)



Posted by PicasaEarlier in the day I had spent a few hours,
from 11 am until 5 pm developing some smaller
works on the river side, a beautiful day.
(These are still the subject of another blog on the river. )
On my way down, during the morning, into the valley
I drove down through Juniper and Olive
trees along a narrow and winding road.
My thoughts had been on the river.
With my eyes on the road and the occasional
flash of a distant view down the valley
towards San Roque or upwards to Gaucin
and really I had noticed nothing special.
On my way back it was to be a different
story, whether it was the change of direction
that I was travelling in, the effect of bright light
on the wild flowers or my more relaxed attention
to the road as I drove slowly upwards.
Whatever, the track now seemed a riot
of colour and pack full of possibilities. I
could visual the palette knife and brush
strokes of bright yellows, muted whites cobalt’s
and distant violets and mauves. I stopped at a
small gravelled area, and quickly set up my
easel and canvas at the boot of my estate car.
Here are the results of work in progress.

Comments

  1. Your writing is inspirational. It makes me wish I could paint. #

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts