Lingholm Drifting Shorelines New work 2019 Work in progress on the easel

Lingholm Drifting Shorelines 

Work in progress on the easel Acrylics on Canvas 

Maybe Im emerging from the winters gloaming or I need some real warmth, or with all the b******* about brexit I needed to relax. Over the last couple of days a returning mental image of an English woodland reflected in an english lake as been my source of quiet and meditation. Drifting along at natures pace past endless trees and deep reflections. Ohh Zen dog, "He knows not where he is going, For the ocean will decide. Its not the destination, its the glory of the ride". Edward Monkton

Turning back my clock three years and 6 months ago. When I walked into the temporary studio at Lingholm, after a heavenly summer mornings painting on the Lake. I instantly grabbed a roll of lining paper and taped it together then quickly painted a couple of large sized trials. I didn't want the emotion, the experience and the quality of life that I felt drifting along Derwent waters Lingholm shoreline to fade. So I quickly painted away. Since that time  I've always wanted to return to the subject Drifting, shorelines. Here we have

These guys are made with acrylic on paper.

Drifting shorelines key words


These are a few of the words I wrote to keep me inspired and focussed on the triptychs, I think they are also a good message for life at the moment with all its external upheaval and change. Offering a way foward.


Wallace Seymour Paints 



further information please contact
www.robmilleratlingholm.org
robartmiller@gmail.com
+44 07841 140562




Comments

Popular Posts