PLASTIC AND PAINTING



Its interesting that the abstract expressionists of America coined the word plastic to represent two dimensional art . The thought occurs to me that it was easier for them to dismantle classical art ainto abstractions and colour fields then it will be for the modern painter to give up using plastic in her  studio. Personally  I'm getting more and more unsure about the amount of plastic that I as an artists use and how we are  Dealing with plastic. I've decided to make this a part of this blog and here is a link to a positive video that doesn't just talk about it but gives alternatives to using plastics. I think glass and metal have to be the main two elements. Heres a practicing artist whose has tackeled the issue head on australian oplastic artist

As a landscape painter I profess to be a supporter of environmental protection from my waste, the materials I use and the waste thats derived from the industrialists who make the raw products that are then made into art materials. I'm looking first at making a list Acrylic paint, paint tubes. synthetic brushes, jars for mediums and turpentine, tidy boxes, palettes and boxes especially watercolour just the start of what will be a long list. One intention is to make a toxic corner by putting all the worse materials into a corner and painting it.




Image result for plastics and artist painting equipment

Comments

Popular Posts