New paintings and totally new work in progress new abstracts Eyjafjordur

I've been pondering and musing for some time now about a new body of work  that will help me to get to grips with the way I was moved by a trip to Iceland a couple of years ago. Here is the first attempt at abstraction titled Arrival Eyjafjordur Iceland, I imagine we are going to get through multiple stages...below the abstract is a painting maybe half way down the fjord looking at Hrisey the cliffs are tall in the4 painting we were sailing quite a few miles distance from them. As you sail closer
you see that the sea cliffs are topped by ice and snow. They are amazing steep, dark, bastions, dangerous places with the occasional glimmer of light, a remote habitation, or waterfall. I know I've said this before and its not happened.....but I hope to keep you posted on developments over the next few weeks.




Comments

Popular Posts