Lancashire Coast-Blackpool North Seascape-Art Commission work in progress







Lancashire Coast-Blackpool North Seascape-Art Commission work in progress this was shot on my iphone 6 plus with a space of a couple of weeks between shootings. The commission itself is a 1 metre square painting. I'm more than enjoying making this commission, its focus is Blackpool and the wild view across the shallow seas of Morecombe bay towards Barrow. I'ts taken me a while to focus and shake of the fairground status of Blackpool. There is a beauty in this foreshore and the view beyond towards.  As a Lancashire painter and a Lancashire artist there are some dichotomies that I have to face up to here -- I search for beauty in a changing industrial seascape..there is a wild natural rawness I stand watching the shimmering silver grey waves caress a hard beach that over time has claimed some famous wrecks including a post Trafalgar  Flag Ship of the British Navy, its also home to scores of sea birds that wheel and dive-face the sea and you couldnt feel more wild - 


Comments

Popular Posts