Ancient Olives of the Alentejo Portugal watercolour painting by Rob Miller


Ancient Olive Alentejo 1 watercolour on paper 
The Alentejo sun really blasted itself everywhere this day, 38C (sounds like a bra size lol, ) even the shadows of this small farms Olive grove felt hot and breathless especially on this, the south facing slope. The owner farmer, after he had told me to leave his premises then relented once he had satisfied himself that I wasn't Romany,  told me that these trees were all hand cared for by himself and are reputed to be 300 years plus old, this means you get the best of age and of the new growth  plus carefull tending. In this heat how do they do it? It must be olive love.  I'm looking at showing this work plus my Iceland work  at the new incite art show please let me know if you can attend.

INCITE-ART 
21 August - 6 September 2015, 9am-5.30pm  
The Old Parsonage, Stenner Lane, Didsbury, Manchester M20 2RQ. 

Comments

Popular Posts