Lingholm the Derwent Fells. Watercolour from a boat by Rob Miller

 Catbells watercolour viewed from across the Lake from Lingholm

A preparatory water colour painting for the Lingholm Triptych The Derwentwater Fells.

Painting is easier on dry land than on water that's a fact, the wind, moved the boat wherever it willed, the Derwentwater Launches which travel at quite a speed caused huge waves which rocked the rowing boat, and a boat full of  healthy and fit young Lady holiday makers almost rammed and boarded my vessel to see my painting in progress. I persevered and when the painting was finished I made my way ashore and landed myself and my painting kit onto the stony shore of Derwent Island.  In the distance you can see Lingholms Islands and Boat house, with the main house hidden by trees. For details please go to https://thelingholmestate.co.uk  . Later this week I hope to upload the work that I did onto this post and make a new post of the painting of the Derwent Fells.

Comments

Popular Posts