Pochade Redmonds Edge Pochade Oil on board

Redmonds Edge Pochade
oil on board

This painting was ripped out of me. Cold with a very cold wind, had to stay near the car and get in to it to warm up now and then; but I  loved this place to bits, you can't see it in the work but I'm painting in a small copse of beech with some oak, for shelter: looking over the moor to Redmonds. Around me the wind pushed and pulled and the crows vocal in their displeasure, Evocative atmosphere, loving my pochade but hating the cold had to work quickly first with a brush but it was to cold and soon started pushing and pulling congealing  paint around  with a small palate knife. Thinking as I painted Wendy asked me to bring in some more small works so this and the others are it, maybe not I like this one, its a poem.

Comments

Popular Posts