Lancashire Sumnmer Revisited original paintings by Rob Miller

Works in progress 2008 -2010

60cm x 60cm


 
70cm x 70cm
Still very much works in progress, after their rescue from the store room at Bee Mill; these three Landscape paintings (only two shown here); of the  summer moorland meadows, are benefiting from not only a new look but also the advantage of new skills learnt. There is also a slight change in tonality created by muting down the cadmium yellows and a new range of blues on the palette. Far more careful paint mixing is going on now that I am working with new paint and mediums

The originals were  painted in a mix of Windsor and Newton Finity and Windsor and newton Galeria which I feel produces rather flat and  uneventful plastic spaces..With Liquatex heavy paint wand the benefit of added selected mediums I have been able to give the sky a great lift...the topography has yet not been spoken to though I have given these areas a quick hello wash of  raw seinna and a chalkier yellow to tone down the cadmium's as I mention earlier. As in my work in Spain and carried on in the Cotswold's I've also put more trust in allowing my drawings to come through which I think has started to add more definition and depth. So work work and more work does produce better results, the new studio space is also excellent. All this means that I scored a 100% from three independent judges which has enabled me to become a full member of the International Landscape painters  which is very nice..thanks guys...

Comments

Popular Posts