New Studio

Following a meeting that I had yesterday it now looks pretty certain now that I will be moving my studio and storage site away from the open terrace near the sea and up to a large warehouse near the Seirra Utera which is a bike ride away.

The warehouse's main purpose is to store furniture for people between homes, it also has a sales point. I've sorted out a cheap rate for a space against a wall and the WC shower room of about 3 metres x 2 metres and a storage unit that's about 2 x 2 x 1.5 metres. The space will be open at one side so I can view work from a gallery distance of about ten to twenty metres.

The space will allow me to work on finishing off some larger canvases and drawings as well as start to mount, stretch and store finished works. I can also start to be a bit more gestural and splash move pigments around. Also I can start to work on some of the larger commissions without resorting to diptychs etc.

I shall continue doing some work on the terrace but as you may know as boxes and frames etc start to mount up there becomes less space in the apartment to live. Everyone will be a little happier and I will find less and less task avoidance areas.

In any case my ork is about transition and I shall be working in an environment where peoples belongings are continously being stored securely, brought out and shipped around the world.

Comments

Popular Posts