hawaii now complete

Here's a close up and a full frontal of Hawaii for Rachel and James its the view that Rachel and James chose with a kind of reference to post Gauguin colourists. I was unsure at first but now i like it. I hope that they do to, I've tried to make the land and sea as warm as it is down there in the tropics, not an easy task as the sea is blue and even the warmer turquiose blues always look cold in a painting or in a photograph, the red beach is to signify a steamy time. I'm also thinking about whether I should put some people into the painting sitting down by the trees? Two older guys Gaugauin and/or Van Gogh maybe or Rachel and James walking along holding hands?

let me know?
Rob

Comments

  1. Beautiful work and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT IS JUST FANTASTIC!!!
    I LOVE THE COLORS AND STYLE!
    What a perspective!
    Best Regards,
    Andrew
    Ontario

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts