Red Birch Painting




rob miller paintings
red birch series
acrlic, oil and inks on canvas
100x 80 cm
number 3

















I started working on this series about 12 years ago at rivington woods which are quite an ancient site with some old birch trees whose bark shines red in certain lights. I suppose it was this that made me think about the effect of light and the effect of wood together not only as images but as part of the elemental process that our ancestors may have seen as possessing something other than self. So I created drawings and looked at cave paintings mostly in France.
I do like this work because it has plenty of me in it.
its price is £350 making it more than affordable please contact me with your comments


this is one of the first sketch book notes I recorded during my second visit to Rivington to relook at the Birch and the effects of light. 


Comments

Popular Posts