A large painting in oils off Hest Bank Morecambe Bay lancashire

Hest Bank oil on canvas 90x100cm aprox
It certainly seems ages since I began this work last Autumn in 2017. It's spent most of its time lounging around the studio at the back under a pile of acrylics as other work took priority. I'm glad  it went that way. A second trip to Hest bank in early summer produced some nice en plein air paintings and a lasting visual memory of the kind of sparkle day that can only be seen when limestone meets the sea, sky and sun in the shape of Silverdale in the mid distance. Once Id had that reminder the rest went fairly quickly.

I think I'm liking the use of repeated washes here, I know that they can be seen as somewhat different from some of my work which focuses on brush marks.

Comments

Popular Posts